Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I Never Imagined I Would Feel This Way After a Trip to France.

Our trip to France was just as I envisioned, we saw so many historical buildings, landmarks, gardens, mountains, bodies of water, churches, monuments, sculptures, and art. What I didn't envision is the impact France placed on my heart and soul. I am forever changed by France. I see the earth more clearly and have a feeling of peace and joy in my heart, it's like I see deeper into everything and everyone. I don't know if my muse was awakened like all the other artists in France or if I was ready to be awakened and it wouldn't matter where I was. It doesn't matter, it happened just how it should.

Even in the rain it's beautiful. Monet's home and gardens really inspired me. Even in a steady rain it's the best place to be!

Oh Monet, thank you for your inspiration!

I've been home for three weeks and I'm wrestling with my muse, she wants to paint with watercolors and sketch, my head is saying no, you have so many unfinished projects to sew, get to it! My muse is winning most of those battles.

The view from my back porch.

A bouquet of flowers I bought at a roadside stand.


Doodles and dangles!


Does your interest change like mine? Please tell me it does...I hope to get sewing again soon!

Tomorrow is the start of See You In September Blog Hop!! We can't wait to see what all our fellow bloggers were up to this summer! I know you won't be sorry if you stop and hop all over our blogs!! The inspiration is always astounding with Madame Samm's blog hops! Here's what's up for tomorrow!


Wednesday, September 3


Go sketch something and do some blog hopping!

Nini~

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes indeed my interests are all over the place! I quilt, I knit, I doodle on fabric, stencil and paint on fabric, make bags, bowls, Kumihimo necklaces, etc... When I get bored with one thing it's off to play with something else. I usually have a dozen things started (or more) at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good....glad I'm not alone. I am feeling torn between what I should do and what I want to do...I have a few sew projects that have to be done and then I'm going to do just the things I want to do...we'll see what I end up doing!!

      Nini~

      Delete
  2. I think creative minds go through cycles of inner battles with all that creativeness that they have going on. And random emotions, people, places and things bring those things to the surface. What a wonderful place to have released and let your muse free. I am sure it will be a trip to remember for a life time!!! I am always looking forward to seeing what your creative mind releases next!! HERE"S TO FRANCE AND CREATING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE France(have I told you that before?!?!)...and creating even more!! I am all over the place...thank you for being a great sounding board and friend! Amazing how those cycles work...

      Nini~

      Delete
  3. My goodness you have a great talent with your sketching and watercolors - I say go for it! It will all get done eventually, and if it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the permission slip! I am going for it...yesterday I hated quilting, today I spent all day free motion quilting...I am so confused...you are right, I'm going to enjoy the journey!! No more feeling bad for doing what I want!!

      Nini~

      Delete