Friday, November 28, 2014

Weekly Inspiration Linky Party

Nini's Weekly Inspiration
I got a text message from my sister a few days ago, stating how cute this cowl was and wouldn't this Burton Bear Cowl by Heidi May look adorable on our own Miss Ken Ken. How could I argue that? I made a quick search of Ravelry, a free site for knitters and crocheters for the knit pattern, it wasn't free, but sometimes you have to pay up for such cuteness!! I highly recommend this pattern for knitters with just a little knit and crochet(very little) experience. I decided to add a bow from this tutorial from Creating Laura Blog to Kenadie's, and a bow tie to Brayden's. I've made more than one they are that easy!!


My sister also sent me a picture of a not as cute cowl in a catalog for kids that wasn't as chunky or cozy looking, but it had a bow tucked up on one of the ears, which made it look so cute and feminine that I thought ours needed one too! I found a tutorial on Creating Laura's blog that is perfect for it. I added the bow where the button is on the boy version and right at the ear for the girl version.


I have a friend Helen, who inspires me regularly whether it's with her blog, Till We Quilt Again, or just following her around soaking up the creativity she oozes. She recommended this book, she was right this book is full of inspiration for living a good, healthy, creative life! Now I highly recommend it too!


Austin Kleon has the coolest black out poetry for sale on his blog. I find him so inspiring, I hope when we're in Austin in February for QuiltCon we soak up some of his inspiration too!



Nini & The Sea


Show us what's inspiring you by linking up below! Grab our weekly inspiration linky party button on our sidebar!

Go make something!

Nini~




3 comments:

  1. Can't tell you how much I love these Bear Cowls and Miss Ken Ken is adorable. Love the added bow and bow ties. And Austin Kleon's book is such a great way to find out you are not alone!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book recommendation! I checked it out over the weekend, and read it on the plane ride home--loved it! Now I'm reading his second book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he's great isn't he?!?! Glad you enjoyed it!!

      Nini~

      Delete