Friday, May 1, 2015

Weekly Inspiration Linky Party!!

Hello and happy Friday!! Where does the time go? I swear I just wrote a weekly inspiration a few days ago, but in real time, it's been two weeks!! I can't believe how time flies when you're having fun!

My inspiration this week comes from a little girl with a great big heart for fashion, art and animals! My 7 year old niece Kenadie attends second grade at an awesome elementary school with the MOST awesome art teacher, Ms. Lindsay. Ms. Lindsay curated a beautiful art show of students work made throughout the year. The art was displayed beautifully, they had white backgrounds and every piece of art was mounted and grouped by art lesson. It was fun to compare every artists interpretation of the subject. 

I was lucky enough to be invited and I'm so glad I went because I had a revelation as I roamed the halls and enjoyed all the artwork. I realized that people who love art will love and embrace the inconsistencies and deficiencies of your ability and hands just because you made something, not because it is the most skillfully executed masterpiece but because it came from your heart and hands, that you chose to take a piece of your heart out of your body and shared it with them. That is a big lesson for me, because people who know me well, know how critical I am of all my work, so yes people, I  get it...it's all good, just because you tried!! Geez, I can be so hard headed sometimes!

Kenadie had two masterpieces in the art show. I am happy to share her art and inspiration with you!

Kenadie's family in cardinal form, the girls are the lighter colored cardinals, not only gorgeous but correctly portrayed as in nature!

The artist Kenadie.

Her interpretation of vegetables...very Matisse like.

Thank you Ken Ken, for all the inspiration, and also thanx to Ms. Lindsay, for sharing your love of art with the world!


What's been inspiring you? Tell me all about it!

Nini~

Nini & The Sea






5 comments:

  1. Your niece is quite a good artist. Has she worked with fabric yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HeyDaryl!! Of course she has! My Mother is a quilter and an amazing seamstress, she bought her a sewing machine for this past Christmas and Kenadie has made a blanket for her american girl doll Rosie. Kenadie has lots of confidence and jumps right in to anything new. It's so much fun to hang out with her, she's quite an inspiration!

      Delete
  2. You, your family and Mrs Lindsay are like Good Soil for Kenadie and I also think Kenadie is the same for you. She is receiving all the rich wonderfulness from the ones that count. And I am THRILLED that "You Got It" cause you drive me insanely nuts when you so hard on yourself---my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, you are right, we all feed off of each other! I have created a lovely network of love and inspiration! You are a big part of that! I drive myself nuts too...I'm trying to work on that part of myself, I'm trying!!!

      Thanx for your inspiration and part in my growth!!

      Nini~

      Delete
  3. Activate Amazon Read More by giving the activation link www.amazon.com in your tv and enjoy amazon popular shows such as movies & web series. If you are still facing problems like- amazon prime video is not working in Read More..then visit the given page.

    ReplyDelete