Monday, January 19, 2015

My Bag Collection and Obsession. By Nini~

 I have a bag problem!


Bags...I like to make them, use them, and design them. I've gotten good at making the basic handbag, I like pockets. I'm just getting into zippered pockets, zippers aren't as scary as I thought. I love a good purse full of pockets inside and out. I'm on the verge of designing an awesome purse for myself to use everyday.  I just know it! Let me tell you about my little bag collection.


This lil bag was a kit I got at O'Susannah's Quilt Shop in Watkins Glen, NY while on a quilt retreat last year. I put it together in an hour or so. I haven't found a good use for it yet, but I will. You can find the pattern here for Suzy's Sack.

Metal Frame Clutch Bag

This beautiful bag was a gift,  made by Helen at Till We Quilt Again. I love the big clasp on the metal frame and bright colored fabrics. I use this bag for my photo shoot supplies like clothes pins, straight pins, scissors and anything I might need while photographing my projects. It is a great little bag. Thanx, Helen! There's plenty of frames and patterns on the internet for this one, but I'm not sure where this particular pattern and frame came from.


I love the fabric combination!


This is a pencil bag made from scraps I had laying around, they really don't go together but it doesn't change the functionality of the bag so I say use up those scraps!! This was an experiment that was a success. I didn't use a pattern for this one, I had seen something similar and just made it from memory.




This bag is made with metal tape measure inside used to snap the bag open and shut. I have my EPP hexie kit, which makes grab & go easy and last minute if need be. Find the pattern here.

As you can see I have a fondness for bags, this is just a small sample of what I have. I don't want to be rescued or saved, it really isn't a problem, really. I'm very happy in my quest for the perfect bag!

To fuel my obsession I joined a Bag of the Month Club, but there'll be more about that later!

Go make something!
Nini~

3 comments:

  1. I think I am even more obsessed with making and using bags than you are Nini! I have made all kinds of bags for years in every shape and size. I have used zippers, buttons, snaps, Velcro, metal purse frames, and more in my bags. I too have designed a few as well. I have used upholstery fabrics, home dec, batiks, quilting cottons and even painted fabrics on my bags. Plus I have knit bags and felted them too. I am definitely a BAG LADY! I am so glad you joined the Bag of the Month club too so we can be obsessed together, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I joined the BOM too, I have so many ideas for even more bags! This is just a sample of bags floating around my house...the larger bags will be a story for another day!

      Nini~

      Delete
  2. Reading your post I just realized that you have been drawn to bags since our first encounter in this fibery fantastic world. You have been using all the great techniques that you have mastered and have been incorporating them is these clever fashion accessories! You are one gifted Bag Lady!

    ReplyDelete