Friday, November 14, 2014

Weekly Inspiration

Hi, it's Nini~ here! It's may first Weekly Inspiration and I'm so happy I get to jump in and help Chelsey find inspiration for all of us to share and spread! I always love seeing what Chelsey finds interesting and what is inspiring her. I am happy to share my sources of inspiration with you as well.

This weeks inspiration is brought to you by:
Upcycling and Repurposing
I've been saving our empty coffee bean bags for years, you know the foil sturdy ones with vivd colors and designs on them? Take a look at what Jessica Haley of Joyfolie did with coffee bags! I've been intrigued with making shoes forever, and this may just inspire me to actually make some!!
 
How adorbs are they? Here's a link to some shoe patterns offered in Joyfolie's etsy shop. Unfortunately there isn't this exact shoe offered, but I bet if you looked around the internet you could find something darn close to them!
Thank you Jessica Haley, the creator of the blog Joyfolie and the adorable shoes above for the inspiration.

 This genius idea from Busy-at-Home has me thinking about making some fun disposable vases. Something that holds water or dirt but will flatten and become very portable maybe for camping or traveling. Ya never know when you'll need a vase of flowers to pretty up your space!

Who doesn't love a fun luminary? Over at Dream a Little Bigger there's a great tutorial on how to make this cute lil jar...you can use a votive candle or there's a link to make them solar powered! This would be a fun project to do with kids and it doesn't have to be a mason jar, basically any jar will do, as long as it's big enough to hold a battery operated votive or light source of some kind.



Nini & The Sea

Tell us what's been inspiring you by sharing your link below!
Go make something!
~Nini

 

1 comment:

  1. You seem to find allot of neat unusual inspiration! I love the coffee slippers and the mason jar candles--so pretty. Thanks for linking party it is always allot of fun!

    ReplyDelete