Friday, May 23, 2014

Weekly Inspiration

At the beginning of this week, I could not imagine what I would find that would inspire me.  I was feeling kind of blah, rather uninspired.  But apparently Wednesday had some magic in it and I was attacked by inspiration.

Let's get to it!

I am such a huge fan of Alisa Burke and I am totally digging her Sun Printed Tote that was posted earlier in the week.  With warmer weather coming my way I can't wait to get outside and try this!  It's a step toward making my own fabric which has been on my to-do list for a while now. Check it out by clicking the link above!
Photo from AlisaBurke.blogspot.com

I have been wanting to make clothes for myself for the longest time (it's also on the previously mentioned to-do list) and I stumbled across this book earlier in the week.  It claims it doesn't use patterns but gives you 10 easy to make clothing pieces that you can further customize to your liking.  I'm sure at some point I will want to learn how to use patterns for my clothing but this has definitely inspired me to at least start looking into creating my own clothing pieces.

I'm just going to admit it: I LOVE THE GLAM CLAM QUILT! 
Latifah at The Quilt Engineer offers a tutorial on this awesome quilt.  I saw it done a few times in the Blogger's Quilt Festival that is currently taking place and I have loved every single one!  There are a lot of quilts I want to make but I think this one is getting moved higher on the list.  Latifah offers a YouTube video on how to piece the quilt and templates and directions are FREE on Craftsy.  Who doesn't love free inspiration?!?!  Thanks Latifah!

Photo From TheQuiltingEngineer.com

We'd love to see what's inspiring YOU this week!  Show us what you got by joining our Linky Party below!  Pretty much anything goes, but if you want some guidelines click here.  You can grab our Linky Party button from the sidebar for your post or blog!

Wishing you big waves and an artful day!
~C



No comments:

Post a Comment