Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Quilt Obsession

It's official: I'm addicted to quilting.

I don't even know how it started. One minute I'm contemplating making a quilt for my bed the next i have my next 3 quilt ideas lined up and half the fabric to make them.  But as it turns out the quilt for my bed is going to take a L-O-N-G time so I'm working on it little by little.

Meanwhile I made some quilted table runners.  These are perfect to practice all the steps of making a quilt but on a much smaller level.  I had some Christmas fat quarters that I had bought in December and decided to get a jump start on this years selling season! Never too early!

Behold my first quilt ever (which is actually a table runner!):


Unquilted Top

Backing of Quilt

Layers

Pinned Layers ready for Quilting

Stitching in the Vicinity of the Ditch
Quilted
The Binding
To make the "X" squares I used a tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company that can be found
here.

Finished Binding


Completed


Thanks to my two awesome teachers: Nini and Helen of Till We Quilt Again.

Wishing you big waves and an artful day,
~C

No comments:

Post a Comment