Monday, August 11, 2014

Around The World Blog Hop

Bonjour!

Today we're taking part in the Around The World Blog Hop which is very appropriate since we just got back from a 2 week trip through France (more on that in future blog posts)!

We were tagged to do this blog hop by Helen at Till We Quilt Again.  We have known Helen for about 5 years and she has been one of our greatest cheerleaders and partners in crime!  She's always up for anything, whether it be sitting on the beach, dying fabric, helping us iron out a new idea or trying out a new pattern!  Check out her blog here.  She's an all around awesome human!

Let's get into it!

1.  What are you working on?
Chelsey:
- Friendship Supernova Block Swap
 - Quilt for Quilt Con entry
  - See You In September 3 Projects

Nini~
~Designing a quilt for QuiltCon entry
~See You In September Blog Hop projects
~Painting canvas for use in a future project

2.  How does our work differ from others in its genre?
Chelsey:
I'm so new to the quilting scene that I'm not even sure which genre I'm in!  I like modern quilting and don't really know what the quilting rules are so I guess that's how my work differs (in both quilting and general creating):  I just do what makes me happy and don't try to conform to any rules!

Nini~
I don't really want to fit into a genre! I like modern, art and traditional quilting. I just make what I feel like making and what I find interesting at that moment. I love bright colored quilts, but my home and clothing are pretty subdued, so my quilts are a contradiction and really have me thinking about the choices I've made in all aspects of my life. I am transforming, thinking and learning new things. I would love to find a genre that captures my mind and inspiration, but as of now I'm still experimenting and honing my skills.

3.  Why do I create what I do?
Chelsey:
Because when inspiration strikes I have to make something!  I like quilting and creating because it brings people together.  Whether it's physically to get together and create, giving a piece of your art as a gift, or reading about other people's creations on the internet, creating allows you form connections with people and that's what life's all about!


Nini~
I am all over the page with creating, one day I have an art journal page started, the next day I could be cutting out a quilt project, and the following day I could be beading a necklace. I love to learn and feel a strong urge to make things, so I am constantly looking for any thing new and exciting. I'm not picky about medias, as long as my hands and brain are busy I'm happy.


4.  How does my creative process work?
Chelsey:
I have no idea how it works!  With quilting I usually see a pattern I like and then find fun fabric and go for it.  But other  types of creating comes from a bunch of different places.  I usually can see what I want the finished project to be first and then I try to gather supplies.  I don't often give much thought to if something will actually be possible and that's what makes the process fun.  I have to improvise and try multiple different things before I get to that finished project that I saw.  Sometimes that finished project is just as I imagined and sometimes it's something completely new.  Either way it's an awesome ride!

Nini~
My muse likes creative people, she and I are constantly on the search for creative interesting people to inspire us. I love to talk to quirky artists and learn their process. I don't really have a process, I just do what I feel and what the piece tells me it needs. I don't start with a sketch, I make a practice piece with scraps or old materials before I make the "real deal" then I just ask what if?...I put this here, I use this color there or I turn this piece around as I am creating. Sometimes it works and other times it's just a learning experience of what not to do!

Here's who we are tagging!

Kate at Thread Everywhere: We met during the Friendship Supernova Block Swap though we aren't swap partners!  She's new to blogging but we enjoy seeing the projects she shares.  We love her modern quilting and her positive attitude!  So glad she agreed to do this blog hop with us!

Daryl at Patchouli Moon Studio: We met during a different blog hop!  She has a fun Weekend Link Party, amazing quilting, and other fun sewing projects on her blog.  We're so happy she agreed to this blog hop!


We're so happy to share our inspiration with you!

Nini and Chelsey~



8 comments:

  1. Fun finding out more about you both, carry on being creative and inspiring - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ChrissieD! We are having fun, creativity is always an adventure!

      Delete
  2. What a Great post! I always wanted to get in both of your creative brains and now I have a glimpse into your artsy world! Just want to mention that my life would not nearly be as exciting if I did not have you both in it! Thanks for joining in--I know you have been busy. So...... glad my amigos are home! Lets go to the beach and catch up???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! We definitely have to catch up soon! Thanks for tagging us in the blog hop!

      Delete
  3. I made a comment yesterday but it wouldn't publish, not sure why? Just wanted to say thanks for tagging me for this blog hop and it is fun to see what you 2 are up to and learn a bit more about you both too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you could participate! We can't wait to get a glimpse into your creativity!

      Delete
  4. How fun, I have said this before , ya'll inspire me, I have your button on my blog and love popping over, I follow your blog by email too, I was wondering if you would be interested in a couple giveaways ! My friend Mara is in a contest here is the link. http://secretlystitching.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-american-fabric-hoarders-and-giveaway.html. When you vote you are automatically entered into the Singer giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We love creating and love sharing it on our blog! Thanks for following :-)

      Delete