Saturday, March 29, 2014

Oh that Free Motion Quilting Again.

I am so tortured by free motion quilting. I LOVE it, but I can't do it, okay, I can do it, but not well. I know practice is the key to getting it right...I just feel so out of control as I'm doing it. I'm trying...I really am. I just don't get how something that makes me so mad and frustrated can keep me coming back for more.  I'm fighting the fight...so if you're out there fighting the fight too, can I get an Amen?  Here's the latest try at FMQ!! If this one is presentable, it will be donated to Children's Advocacy Services on behalf of Camaco Quilt Guild, if it's a no go...it will be nice and warm sitting out by the fire on a chilly spring night!!



 



It's still on the frame...a few more passes to go. It looks good here close up, but there's lots of crossing over the points of leaves and I'm curious to see how it looks when it comes off the frame and I can see the whole quilt. Free motion quilting is kinda like Christmas morning...you roll up your work as you go then it's like unwrapping a present when you take it off the frame... you don't know what you get until the completion. 

I've had a good quilting experience over the last few weeks too...but that's a story for another day! 

Go make something!

Nini~



3 comments:

  1. It is aggravating & annoying yet rewarding, empowering and worth every minute--if you just keep going! Working through it is the hardest part but what a confidence booster when you get to the other side--It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, I'm taking your advice, P, P, P!! It's addicting, I want to see what I can improve on the next quilt! Stitch length is my next challenge...along with some new designs to add to my tool belt...

      Nini~

      Delete
  2. I really like it. I just have to fine time. When I think I can get to it, I have more jobs :(

    ReplyDelete