Monday, February 10, 2014

The Bursting Valentine Heart

I have this friend...the one that guides me into all kinds of trouble....uh, I mean inspiration!! She found this great tutorial for a bursting heart pillow,  we both decided we didn't want a pillow but would make it a wall hanging instead. We made them for a quick lil inspiration project at one of our guild meeting. Here's what we made:

My bursting heart
Fabric wedges in a heart shape. My block is 12 inches, very small and tedious work.



Helen's Bursting heart, hers is much bigger, a wise choice for a more professional result. Look at all that beautiful quilting. Helen is an amazing long arm quilter you can find her here!! She has information there if you'd like her to quilt your quilt!



Here's where we found our inspiration and directions blue susan makes...

Happy Valentine's Day, go make something fun!
Nini~

4 comments:

  1. I Love your Bursting heart. I always find it amazing to see your ARTSY spin on things. I play things too safe at times, but since finding you--I am allot less ridged. My hearts bursts with Gratitude for having you as a friend! Let me get out my box of tissues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, artsy can hide a multitude of sins...it's fun to see where our imaginations takes us. I'm glad we're both willing to wander off the beaten path. I look forward to our next adventure, friend! Sniff, sniff.

      Delete
  2. Very fun! I think I'm going to make one this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we inspired you, I'd love to see what you create!

      Nini~

      Delete